purple lines.

You traced the cobwebs with a fingertip,
Coloring me purple, pencil-thin.
My heartbeat in your hands
Facets of life, dulled
By your skin on mine.

Candlelight and tears
Keep me awake at night, waxy
Reminders that cut the evenings in half.
The sun shines in my window
Some days.

Tasting the color blue--
Sweet depression, a faint revival
And the beginnings of reasoning.
Meadows stretch for years on either side
But red is all I see with you.

In all my memories, your stripes are faded.
A product of the time, or
Symbol of what it meant to be me:
I can’t remember anymore.
Forget about it.

Your sentences spread across the page
With all the twang, all the talk
I’ve come to expect.
You say the right thing at the right time
She laughs and leans in, ready.

Keep it simple, but don’t ever let me go.
Lines spread out from your fingers
Purple ropes
Binding my pulse to your contact.
My scissors left rust behind.

3 comments:

christinagoodwin said...

wow, this is really good. did you write this yourself?

taylor. said...

yeah, i did.
in a fit of late-night obsession, haha.

thanks!

Lauren said...

Hey, I don't think we've ever talked, but I followed your link from JM.org. I really like this so I decided to follow your blog. Hopefully that doesn't creep you out too much. haha.

But this is really great. If you post more, I'd love to read it.